Magnetism contains canon BIONICLE info.
|Associated Colors||Gunmetal, black|
Magnetism is one of the many secondary Elemental Powers.
- Fa-Matoran represent the Element of Magnetism. Fa-Matoran also contain a very minuscule amount of Elemental Magnetism Energy, providing them a better sense of direction than other Matoran as well as an internal compass.
- Toa of Magnetism possess the Elemental Power of Magnetism, allowing them to generate magnetic fields, as well as manipulate metals by aligning their particles within a magnetic field.
- Turaga of Magnetism possess small traces of Elemental Magnetism Energy.
- Gahlok-Kal had a limited range of non-elemental Magnetism powers due to its shields.
- Skakdi of Magnetism would only be able to access their power if they worked with another Skakdi, or if they carried a weapon that would allow them to channel their elemental energy.
- Increasing and/or decreasing magnetism.
- Manipulating magnetism to achieve flight.
- Shooting beams of magnetic energy, or creating entire fields of the aforementioned energy.
- Manipulating metal via Magnetism.
- Unleashing a Magnetism Nova Blast.
- Interfering with electrical devices.
When used in conjunction with Lightning, a user of Magnetism can create an electromagnetic pulse (EMP).
Beings other than Toa cannot combine powers of any sort to create a Protodermis cage. As long as each wields a different element, any six Toa can create a Protodermis cage.
- Many coh'Lhran
- All Toa of Magnetism
- Most Toa of Magnetism were killed by the Makuta because their powers would pose a threat to them. The Fa-Matoran were kept under close watch to ensure they were not transformed into Toa.
- Those who utilize Magnetism has less control over metals than those who use Iron, as Magnetism-users can only manipulate the attraction between metallic objects while Iron-users can shape objects at will.
- Magnetically-enabled beings, such as Fa-Matoran, were frequently tasked with the operation of the Great Spirit Robot's Chute systems, which supplied the various domes of the Matoran Universe with equipment, materials, and workers when needed. They were often regarded as particularly skilled navigators. Many sea-faring vessels were, for this reason, manned by at least one Fa-Matoran crew member.
- The Prefix Fa- comes from scientist Michael Faraday, inventor of the dynamo and early pioneer of electromagnetic technology.
- In Matoran culture, the element's virtue was Community.
|Spherus Magna||Elemental Powers||Fire • Water • Jungle • Rock • Earth • Ice • Sand|
|Matoran Universe||Standard||Fire • Water • Air • Stone • Earth • Ice • Light • Shadow •|
|Sub-Powers||Heat • Vacuum • Telekinesis • Neon Lasers|
|Legendary||Life • Time • Creation|
|Cyclic Plane||Exclusive||Void • Spirit • Acid • Poison|